Re: Linux Distributions - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Andy Ruhl
Subject Re: Linux Distributions
Date
Re: Linux Distributions  (David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>)
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Peter Darley wrote:

> Andy,
>     I've got nothing against FreeBSD, except that I'm familiar with Linux and
> not with BSD.  What is it about FreeBSD that is going to make it faster than
> Linux?  Any idea where I can find some comparative benchmarks?
> Thanks,
> Peter Darley

I don't mean to start a flame war here...

Actually, I've seen benchmarks (but don't remember where they are) that
show that Linux and FreeBSD are amazingly equal at most activities on
equivalent hardware.

My point is, machines are faster when they are actually running.

Andy

--
acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org