Re: [INTERFACES] Need: ODBC docs for Unix Dummies... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Need: ODBC docs for Unix Dummies...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Julia A.Case wrote:

> Quoting The Hermit Hacker (scrappy@hub.org):
> >     Got the ODBC driver loaded (ya, even *I* can do that!), and went
> > to 'Start->Settings->Control Panel->32Bit ODBC'...now what?  Do I want to
> > setup a User DSN? System DSN? File DSN?
> >
>     System DSN is most likely what you want.  Then when it asks for
> type select PostgreSQL... This should bring up a dialog that asks for the
> server and port and all that fun stuff.

    Hrmmm...I ended up fiddling away at it, put it into File DSN and
actually got the bugger to work...have I ever mentioned how much I hate
Micro$loth? :)

>     Not sure if there is really an FAQ...  I honestly don't recall
> where I learned this stuff.

    There should be *some* sort of document that steps you through
this, no? :(