Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Andrew Martin wrote:

> > > AFAIK some BSD's are now using it - but I am probably wrong.  I gave up on
> > > BSD in '92.
> >
> >     Geez, about the time I gave up on Linux and converted to *BSD
> > *grin*
> >
> No wonder you're so anti-Linux if you stopped using it in '92. I started with
> 0.99pl13 in November '93. It must have been around v0.2 in '92 and of course
> it wasn't stable then....

    Checking now...oops, you are right:

   Record created on 03-Jun-93.

    That was when we created the DNS record for my first company,
which ran 2/3rds on Linux...so whatever version existed back there.

    In Linux's favor here, though...even at that point, if you ran
Linux on a *non-networked* system (ie. we had some dialup lines into it,
but not networking)...that thing ran pretty much rock-solid.  It wasn't
until we actually put some load on her that she wouldn't run for more then
a day or so at a time...