Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] (: JDBC+(Sun ~3:pm MST) CVS :) -also question about regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> I'd also like to not have to watch this too closely for v6.3, since I
> should be swamped with docs, regression testing, and perhaps
> contributing to subselects.

    Oops, okay, sorry :(  Agreed, let's look at this *after* v6.3 is
released then

> So, we kludge both HAVE_INT_TIMEZONE and HAVE_SIGSETJMP in config.h.in
> by bracketing them with #if (_GLIBC_ >= 2) ? I suspect that the RH5.0
> distribution of Postgres has broken date and time behavior because
> HAVE_INT_TIMEZONE is wrong.

    I think that I can come up with "cleaner" tests for these in
configure...

> >         At least 3 out of 4 of the core developers here are *BSD, so we
> > offset the Linux-camp very well *grin*  *wave to Thomas*
>
> Sure, takes 3 BSD machines for an even fight *ducks and hits head on desk*

    As I said to a friend of mine the other day, I imagine that Linux
constitutes a good portion of our user base, especially now that RedHat
includes it as standard with their distributions *shrug*  Its not
Microsloth, that's all that counts :)