Re: ts_rank seems very slow (140 ranked documents / second on my machine) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: ts_rank seems very slow (140 ranked documents / second on my machine)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Nicolas Grilly wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 22:25, Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> wrote:
>> I don't see your query uses index :)
>
> Yes, I know. :)
>
> I ran VACUUM ANALYZE and re-ran the query but the output of EXPLAIN
> ANALYZE stays exactly the same: no index used.
>
> Any idea why?

there is problem with estimating of cost scanning gin index in < 9.1 versions,
so you can
set enable_seqscan=off;
or try 9.1 which beta3 now.

> By the way, does ts_rank is supposed to use a GIN index when it's available?

no, I see no benefit :)

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83