Re: Full Text Search: howto manage multiple languages ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Full Text Search: howto manage multiple languages ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, C?dric MOULLET wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the following problem with the FTS: the database contains information
> in several languages. As I understand, the FTS requires to associate a
> language when ts_vector is created.  Is there any way to make a kind of

FTS doesn't  needs to be asscociated with specific language ! FTS requires
its configuration, which binds specific lexeme type with stack of dictionaries
and this has nothing with language.

> international search, without having to associate a specific language to the
> ts_vector ? I must admit that it's quite ambiguous, but let's imagine that
> you have a worldwide address repository. In that case, you can find "Rue",
> "Street", "Strasse" etc... which have all a low significancy.

This particular problem can be solved using synonym dictionary, for example.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83