Re: Postgres/PostgreSQL as a trademark? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Seth Grimes
Subject Re: Postgres/PostgreSQL as a trademark?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
There's a searchable database at the US Patent and Trademark Office.

The only active trademarks it shows with either Postgres or PostgreSQL are
variations of "Postgres Plus" held by EnterpriseDB.

There's a dead patent on Mammouth that references PostgreSQL that was held
by Command Prompt, Inc.

Try this form to search for yourself:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchstr&state=l1i5ve.1.1

                     Seth

--
Seth Grimes   Alta Plana Corp, analytical computing & data management
               Intelligent Enterprise magazine (CMP), Contributing Editor