Re: pgsql: Allow for X as well as x to be the prefix for hexadecimal - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: pgsql: Allow for X as well as x to be the prefix for hexadecimal
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
>> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Allow for X as well as x to be the prefix for hexadecimal character ref entity numbers,
>>> as in HTML.
>
>> So, '&x128;' is an entity ? Is't really true ?
>
> Well, unless you want to put in some knowledge about which identifiers
> are known entities, I don't see how to reject that.  It's not a numeric
> entity, sure, but it looks just like a named entity.

I see. I think in future we'll improve parser<->dictionaries interaction,
so it could be possible to have dict_html dictionary, which encapsulate
all html-specific knowledge.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83