Re: Ready for beta2? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Ready for beta2?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>> On Sunday, October 21, 2007 22:38:04 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>> wrote:
>>> I've posted notes over the past few days about half a dozen relatively-
>>> minor-but-none-the-less-initdb-forcing issues in tsearch.  We have to
>>> either fix those or decide we're not going to fix them.  I'm a bit
>>> annoyed that Oleg and Teodor haven't responded to any of those comments.
>
>> Remove the tsearch2 stuff if we can't even get feedback from the developers at
>> such a critical time?
>
> I don't want to go that far.  But I will start making changes on my own
> authority if I don't hear objections pretty soon ...

I and Teodor are really busy working on other project(s) and it's very
difficult for us to switch our attention. Personally, I don't see any
principal quiestion where hackers community wouldn't think better than
we did and I rely on you, our colleagues.

The only concern is about changes of parser's token type, but I'm not
ready to say more than just concern :)

ts_debug is a really debug function and could be changed. Btw, it
doesn't supports thesaurus dictionaries, so it should be rewritten in C.

I have rather slow connection right now,  Teodor, probably, will
comment in more details.

Sorry, guys, for delay and thank you for understanding.

>             regards, tom lane

>       match

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83