opportunity to benchmark a quad core Xeon - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Jeff Frost
Subject opportunity to benchmark a quad core Xeon
Date
List pgsql-performance
I have the opportunity to benchmark a system is based on Supermicro 6015B-8V.
It has 2x Quad Xeon E5320 1.86GHZ, 4GB DDR2 533, 1x 73GB 10k SCSI.

http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/6015/SYS-6015B-8V.cfm

We can add more RAM and drives for testing purposes.  Can someone suggest what
benchmarks with what settings would be desirable to see how this system
performs.  I don't believe I've seen any postgres benchmarks done on a quad
xeon yet.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/