Re: Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Depends what the default is on your system.  The default is 5% with the
version of mke2fs that I have here, so you would just:

tune2fs -m 5 <devicename>

to put it back.

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Erik Jones wrote:

> Awesome.  Do I need to reset that to any magic # after the vacuum?  I'm not
> all that up on filesystem maintenance/tweaking...
>
> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> I can't tell you the number of times that little trick has saved my
>> life.
>>
>> On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 11:32, Jeff Frost wrote:
>>
>>> You can probably just "tune2fs -m 0 <device name>" to give yourself enough
>>> space to get out of the jam before you go deleting things.  Then you might
>>> want to vacuum full afterwards.

Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/
Phone: 650-780-7908    FAX: 650-649-1954