Re: patch implementing the multi-argument aggregates (SOC - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Sergey E. Koposov
Subject Re: patch implementing the multi-argument aggregates (SOC
Date
List pgsql-patches
Hello Pavel,

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I looked on your patch. I didn't test it, but I see so you use transmit
> array, not record what I expect. Why?

If you mean that the state types (the values returned by the transition
functions) are arrays and cannot be records, then the answer is that I
just implemented it in the easiest way...
Probably the state types can be patched to have the type 'record' but
certainly that was not what I intended to do...

Regards,
     Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: math@sai.msu.ru