Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: does wal archiving block the current client connection?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Sun, 21 May 2006, Simon Riggs wrote:

>> I've been futzing with trying to reproduce the original problem for a few days
>> and so far postgres seems to be just fine with a long delay on archiving, so
>> now I'm rather at a loss.  In fact, I currently have 1,234 xlog files in
>> pg_xlog, but the archiver is happily archiving one every 5 minutes.  Perhaps
>> I'll try a long delay followed by a failure to see if that could be it.
>
> So the chances of the original problem being archiver related are
> receding...

This is possible, but I guess I should try and reproduce the actual problem
with the same archive_command script and a CIFS mount just to see what
happens.  Perhaps the real root of the problem is elsewhere, it just seems
strange since the archive_command is the only postgres related process that
accesses the CIFS share.  More later.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/