Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade -- Update - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Access Problem After Version Upgrade -- Update
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Jim Buttafuoco wrote:

> looks like perl/DBD::Pg is looking for libpq.so.3 but postgresql 8.1.X
> supplies libpq.so.4. You need to rebuild DBD::Pg to get this to work
> (atleast that is what I have been doing for my upgrades from 7.4.X to
> 8.1.2)

Jim,

   I thought I had mentioned this, but that might have been in my message to
the sql-ledger list.

[rshepard@salmo ~]$ locate libpq.so.3
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.3.0
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.3.1
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.3

... but that's not where SL is looking for them! When I searched for
libpq.so.4, I discovered that in /usr/lib. As soon as I copied all the '3'
versions to that directory, SL found its way.

Thank you _very_ much,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |   Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)   |  Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"