Re: pg_hba.conf setup - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: pg_hba.conf setup
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Ben Sullins wrote:

> I logged onto the linux box via ssh and edited the file by adding a line
> in pg_hba.conf for my ip. I'm thinking it other lines above my new entry
> could be affecting my access restrictions. Below are the lines in order
> as they appear in pg_hba.conf. Any assistance will be most appreciated.

Ben,

Did you reload or restart the postmaster daemon after you made your changes?

From the docs:

The pg_hba.conf file is read on start-up and when the postmaster receives a
SIGHUP signal. If you edit the file on an active system, you will need to
signal the postmaster (using pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to make it re-read
the file.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/