Re: psql: \x and slash commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jon Jensen
Subject Re: psql: \x and slash commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Neil Conway wrote:

> Someone commented to me recently that they usually use psql's \x "expanded
> output" mode, but find that it produces pretty illegible results for psql
> slash commands such as \d. I can't really see a reason you would _want_
> "expanded output" mode for the result sets of psql slash commands. Would
> anyone object to changing \x to not affect that way that the result sets of
> slash commands are printed?

I would very much like to see that behavior changed, but if there are
people who like it the way it is, maybe we can have a \X command that uses
expanded mode only for non-slash output.

What do others think about this?

Jon

--
Jon Jensen