Software Patents - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Software Patents
Date
Re: Software Patents  (Chris Travers <chris@travelamericas.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

Originally I was against the idea of putting up a no software patents
logo/banner/statement etc... on the website.

After recent events within Command Prompt, including some expensive
legal fees to convince certain customers that there is not a chance
in the world that we would sign a indemnification agreement that
included patents in the definition, I have changed my mind.

I would like to propose that we put a no software patents logo up.
Command Prompt would also follow suit, and it would be great if the
other companies such as Greenplum, SRA, PgSQL, Inc. etc, all did the same.

Kind of like the PostgreSQL patent-free ring ;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting