Re: Help! "Access is Denied" Installation on WinXP rolled - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Help! "Access is Denied" Installation on WinXP rolled
Date
List pgsql-general
> log file it tells me to check before  it deletes it in the rollback it says
> repeatedly something about "access  is denied". Below is the actual install
> log (or a small portion of it,  near the end where the error occurs). Any
> ideas?
> Regards, Abe
> p.s. this is a repost from my initial post on the novice list... which I've
> become aware is relatively inactive.

Did you check the initdb.log that was referenced in your Windows error
message?

I do not "know" this to be your issue but I am guess that you tried to
install PostgreSQL with Administrator (or as an Administrator) rights.

PostgreSQL must be installed as a non Administrative user on Windows.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., Your PostgreSQL solutions company. 503-667-4564
Custom programming, 24x7 support, managed services, and hosting