Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>>> If there smart enough to be buying innobase these days, you can bet that
>>> by now they have this stuff all straightened out.
>>

>> No, that doesn't seem to follow ... if Oracle are spending their
>> resources to attack MySQL rather than us, the conclusion would be that
>> they are clearly still more informed by "the buzz" than technical merit.
>
> With no disrespect to PostgreSQL, MySQL has 100x our downloads and
> installations...

Yeah, kids playing with toys. You can't imagine how many people I heard
have MySQL installed in there win98.

The bad thing is they addopt MySQL because they could have it installed
there. :-(

--
  11:55:01 up 155 days,  1:49,  3 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.72, 0.86
Lic. Martín Marqués   | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'