Re: doc change request (7.4.6, reference section, grant) - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Ralph Graulich
Subject Re: doc change request (7.4.6, reference section, grant)
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hi Peter,

> It's on the reference page of LOCK, where it belongs.

That's where I finally found it. Comparing the notes on different SQL
commands and the reference page for GRANT, I still consider it's worth
mentioning it there, as it is not that obvious like SELECT, INSERT or
DELETE privileges.

The way the question occured while creating a user allowed to pg_dump
certain databases, but not allowed to do anything else. That way I only
granted SELECT privileges on the tables to that user, but that didn't
work, as pg_dump wants to lock the table.

But anyway, thanks to all the folks writing the documentation, in nearly a
hundred percent of the time the docs are really helpful.

Best regards
... Ralph ...