Re: French site with postgresql name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: French site with postgresql name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Some french guy on IRC showed the site http://www.postgresql.fr/ that does
> not contain anything about postgresql. I don't speak french so I can't
> tell what the page is about. It looks linux related.

After a small investigation, it appears that the company that owns the
"postgresql.fr" domain wants to "promote" free softwares in France, among
which postgresql.

That is the aim of their site. There could be in some future some page
that should describe pros and cons about various free softwares, after
they tested them.

Well, why not?

I told the guy he should make it clear on such a page that it is not the
"main" and "legitimate" postgresql site. I also told him he could get in
touch with Marc Fournier, who appears to own "postgresql.org", for more
information.

Have a nice day.

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr