Re: pgtcl installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Talbot-Wilson
Subject Re: pgtcl installation problem
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, L Bayuk wrote:

> I have noticed that the pgtclng build includes the path to libpq (rpath),
> where I think the original Pgtcl does not. In my testing, it meant that
> original Pgtcl won't run without the PostgreSQL library directory in
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf, and my pgtcl-ng won't run if you build

I had it in /etc/ld.so.conf, but I guess that only works at run time.

But I had a mess generally, as my response to Tom Lane indicates.
Apart from removing some obsolete PATH directories revealed by
config.log, all I did was add --with-postgres-include and
--with-postgres-lib options and paths to configure.  Strangely (to
me), that also brought the crypt and ssh libraries to light.

I was confused because ./configure with no options produced no
complaints, or I didn't notice any.

Thanks for your help.

--Mike Talbot-Wilson