Re: Bitmapscan changes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gavin Sherry
Subject Re: Bitmapscan changes
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 12 Mar 2007, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Here's a patch to change the amgetmulti API so that it's called only
> once per scan, and the indexam adds *all* matching tuples at once to a
> caller-supplied TIDBitmap. Per Tom's proposal in July 2006:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-07/msg01233.php

I incorporated something like your change to gistnext(). This is much
better, for the reason Teodor mentions up thread.

The return type of gistnext() is int and it is possible that it could
overflow (on some platforms) now that there is no max_tids.

Thanks,

Gavin