ftp download won't work - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif Jensen
Subject ftp download won't work
Date
List pgsql-general
    Hi all,

    I have been using PostgreSQL for many years now and have never had any
problems downloading it. The last one I got hold of is 8.0.3, but now when
I try to get 8.1.2, I can get nothing to work.

    I am behind a rather strict firewall, it has been like this for years.
I checked with the system guys and they claim that nothing has changed
regarding ftp. They say our firewall is set up for standard ftp transfer
(using contracker and non-passv mode only). It is also blocking most in-
and out- going non-priviledged ports. I can do ftp download from other
sites without problems.

    I have also tried bittorrent, but I'm very new to that (never done
that before) and couldn't make it work either.

    Is there any chance of finding somewhere to do an http download ?

  Greetings,

 Leif, a happy PostgreSQL'er