Re: problems with 8.0 Rc4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Childs
Subject Re: problems with 8.0 Rc4
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 15:40:07 +0000,
>   Peter Childs <blue.dragon@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >     I thought pg_autovaccum was going to be built into 8.0 or was that
> > only a rumor.
>
> Due to some unfortunate things it was not ready by the beta cutoff, so it
> is staying in contrib for the 8.0 release.

    Oh dear, so thats one feature that we will expect to see in 8.1!

    I've finnally worked out what was wrong and you're all going to
laugh. I had installed postgres 8.0 under a fresh install of Debian 8.0
testing, switched my drives to ext3 and started postgres up. Fine you
might all say,
    Well first I noticed a message in the log saying it had mounted
the drives at ext2 and then I got a few kernel panics, So I unmounted my
database drive and remounted it. and guess what the errors went away,
    So I upgraded the kernel to the one in Debian Unstable and now its
all fine.
    In short its the old bug in Debian that by the time Debian is
ready its actually out of date.

Peter Childs