Re: BUG #1145: silent REVOKE failures - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: BUG #1145: silent REVOKE failures
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear Bruce,

> > So maybe the following TODO could be kept:
> >  - validate grant/revoke (error, warning, success0 wrt sql standard
> >
> > I may be interested in implementing ROLEs someday, and such tests would be
> > welcome just to check that nothing is broken.
>
> Unless someone can say it is wrong I am not inclinded to add a TODO item
> that is only possible.

Sorry, I do not understand your argument, what you mean by "only
possible". Or are you talking about roles??

I see TODO items as wishes, and I'm not sure I can see what is wrong with
wishing better/full testing of postgresql data access controls and compare
the results with what is defined by the norm?

--
Fabien Coelho - coelho@cri.ensmp.fr