Re: 8.0 -> 8.1 dump duplicate key problem? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: 8.0 -> 8.1 dump duplicate key problem?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> > When the dump gets to the point where the indexes/keys are built, the
> > primary key fails to build due to duplicate key constraint failure.
>
> That's pretty bizarre.  What's the datatype of the key column(s)?

There was one guy on IRC that had the same problem. We didn't get that
much info about it and suggested that he check the original database for
corruption (rebuilding indexes) to make sure it's in a proper state.

Either this is the same guy or/and we might have a bigger problem. The guy
on irc also had an integer PK.

--
/Dennis Björklund