Re: BUG #1632: Several jailed PostgreSQL instances. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: BUG #1632: Several jailed PostgreSQL instances.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
O Tom Lane Ýãñáøå óôéò May 3, 2005 :

> Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> writes:
> > Its obvious that FreeBSD says: DONT USE IPC in jails, so its far from a
> > bug.
>
> Marc's been running PG inside FreeBSD jails for years, so it seems
> like there's some disconnect here ... I don't have the knowledge
> to resolve it though.

FreeBSD's security.jail.sysvipc_allowed sysctl variable's intention
was to allow a person to overcome FreeBSD security.

Ofcource someone can run postgresql in jails, but it is not
secure in public servers.

Thats why security.jail.sysvipc_allowed defaults to -> 0,
in other words thats why they say to not use IPC in jails.

>             regards, tom lane

-Achilleus