Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: Feature freeze date for 8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 1 May 2005 adnandursun@asrinbilisim.com.tr wrote:

> If a database wants to get bigger on the usage these settings like this
> must be implemented.

Lucky thing that postgresql is open source so you or anyone else that need
it can implement or sponsor it. Postgresql gets as good as we make it and
nothing happens unless someone that need a feature sit down and implement
it.

> First, a database must have real database features, not extreme
> features.

Different people have different needs. For me this have not even once been
a problem, so it's not something that I personally will lose any sleep
over. It doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome that someone else work on it.

--
/Dennis Björklund