Re: Training and certification - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bret Busby
Subject Re: Training and certification
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Ian Harding wrote:

> I think the first step is a book called "The Official PostgreSQL Certification Study Guide - Everything You Need to
Knowto Pass the PostgreSQL Adminsitrator Certification Test (PG-081)"  which would be based on the "Official PostgreSQL
CertificationSyllabus."

The problem with that, is that your suggestion refers only to PostgreSQL
Database Administration, and not to PostgreSQL database development,
which is why I referred previously to a set of certifications; eg, Core,
DBA, Database Development, and, Web-based Database Development.

Streams could then be Core -> DBA, for DBA's, and, Core -> Database
Development  for Database Developers, then possibly -> Web-based
Database Development (eg <Perl|PHP>/PostgreSQL), for Web Application
Developers.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale