Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: FW: [webmaster] Comparison to MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat writes:

> Honestly I would like to see gotchas type pages created for every database; if
> someone asks me why they should choose postgresql i have that covered, but if
> someone asks me why they might want to migrate from $ql server to postgresql,
> that would be a lot tougher since i don't have to regulary deal with it.

I don't think a list of gotchas is a reason to choose anything.  I can
easily list gotchas of similar strength for PostgreSQL.  What we would
need in order to get anyone to convert are facts or observations along the
better/faster/cheaper axes.  Compared to MySQL, we do very well on all
three.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net