Re: [PERFORM] Sun performance - Major discovery! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Sun performance - Major discovery!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Karppinen writes:

> GCC sets __FAST_MATH__ even if you counter a -ffast-math with the
> negating flags above. This means that it is not currently possible to
> use the -fast flag when compiling PostgreSQL at all. Instead, you have
> to go through all the flags Apple is setting and only pass on those
> that don't break pg.

That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.  Why should we develop elaborate
workarounds for compiler flags that are known to create broken code?  I
also want to point out that I'm getting kind of tired of developing more
and more workarounds for sloppy Apple engineering.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net