Re: minor documentation improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: minor documentation improvements
Date
Re: minor documentation improvements  (Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com>)
Re: minor documentation improvements  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Huh?  We have been uppercasing GUC variable names in most places
> already.

Currently, the documentation contains about 2 GUC variable names in upper
case, the rest is lower case.  (The exception are the list headings in the
main description in runtime.sgml, which are all upper case.  That is a bit
inconsistent, but I think it's OK, because here they sort of serve as
section titles.)  Also note that postgresql.conf, command-line option
equivalents, and SET commands all tend to use them in lower case, so that
seems like the direction to go.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net