Re: [OT] Frontend recommendations - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Childs
Subject Re: [OT] Frontend recommendations
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 ries@jongert.nl wrote:

> Hey postgresql gurus,
>
> I was just wondering, what kind of frontend do you recommend in 'bills
> (windows...)' environment?
> Is it better to use a tool like Qt from trolltech or is it better to use
> something like Omnis or Access???
>
> What are you opinions????

It all depends what you need to do.From using Qt for graphical frontend. I have found the Sql bits to
be extremly slow. So the plan is currently to stop using them and use the
pqxx drivers. Change is not easy however! (Thats under Linux...)If you need a quick gui try pgaccess and the like. If
youwant to

writea full gui pick you favoute language and there should be some
postgres drivers (if all else fails there is always ODBC)somthing like perl or python may be nice and platform
independant....

Peter Childs