Re: SET CONSTRAINTS not schema-aware - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: SET CONSTRAINTS not schema-aware
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Right.  In SQL92 constraint names have to be unique within the table's
> schema.  Postgres allows two different tables to have similarly-named
> constraints, and that difference is the root of the issue.

But that should not prevent us from assigning an explicit schema to each
constraint, as we in fact currently do.  This issue is a bit more tricky
than it seems.  For example, constraints may also belong to a domain, so
even if we allowed SET CONSTRAINTS a.b.c it is still not clear that "b" is
a table.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net