Re: Kerberos IV Support Broken? - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Kerberos IV Support Broken?
Date
List pgsql-ports
Henry B. Hotz writes:

> Configure goes and looks for libkrb with some routine that is there.
> Then it checks for libdes with des_encrypt.  Now first of all there
> is no libdes on Sol7.  There's only the one that was put in when I
> added ssl.  Second there is no des_encrypt in openssl.  Third there
> is no des_encrypt in the Heimdal/KTH-KRB implementation either.
>
> So is that routine actually one that's used?  If so where did it come
> from, and whose implementation of what actually provided it?

Last time I reworked that code I used the KTH version to check it, so your
report puzzles me a little.  Basically we just want to make sure that the
Kerberos installation is sufficient before proceeding.  Feel free to
suggest improvements.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net