Re: Bug #922: PANIC: open of /scratch/production_2/pg_clog/0996 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andre Hackmann
Subject Re: Bug #922: PANIC: open of /scratch/production_2/pg_clog/0996
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

The server (IBM) is one year old (I think).
Anyway, I found something like a workaround:
If I vacuum before executing my index script (after my loading
script has terminated), or after other huge data movements, the server
doesn't crash. So, is this typical for hardware failures?

Thanks,
  Andre.