Re: Bug #880: COMMENT ON DATABASE depends on current database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Bug #880: COMMENT ON DATABASE depends on current database
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Do we have psql -l to connect to all the databases to collect comments?
> I guess we could _try_ to connect to as many databases as possible, but
> it seems a little overly complex to me.  What do others think?

I tend to think that the functionality to give comments to databases
should either be redone to work right (for example by storing the comment
in a global table (but think about the encoding problems)) or be ripped
out.  Right now the feature to give a comment to a database you presumably
already know (since you connected to it) does not seem to justify the
confusion it causes.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net