Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dennis Björklund
Subject Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Roman Fail wrote:

> It sort of feels like a magic moment.  I went back and looked through a
> lot of the JOIN columns and found that I was mixing int4 with int8 in a
> lot of them.

There is note about it in the docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?datatype.html#DATATYPE-INT

I don't know if this is in a faq anywhere, but it should be. I myself have
helped a number of persons with this. Every once in a while there come
someone in to the #postgresql irc channel with the exact same problem.
Usually they leave the channel very happy, when their queries take less
then a second instead of minutes.

--
/Dennis