Re: Problem: Referential Integrity Constraints lost - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Achilleus Mantzios
Subject Re: Problem: Referential Integrity Constraints lost
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Achilleus Mantzios wrote:
>

> > Hi i think a hit a major problem on 7.2.1.
> > I run 3 systems with postgresql 7.2.1.
> > Its a redhat 7.1 for development, a redhat 7.3 for production
> > and a FreeBSD 4.6.1RC2 for testing.
> >
> > After long runs (with periodic (daily) vacuum analyze's)
> > i noticed that some of the triggers that implement referential integrity
> > constraints just disapeared.
> > Some of these triggers were still present on the FreeBSD system
> > (which has been idle for a month or so), whereas on the linux
> > systems they were absent.
> >
> > Has any one have a clue??
>
> Hmm, you haven't done anything like cluster or an incomplete dump and
> reload have you?

No,
Also the FreeBSD system's database was populated with data from
the production on 2002-10-22, so the problem on the FreeBSD
was partially inherited from the production databse.

Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer
IT dept
Dynacom Tankers Mngmt