Re: [BUGS] Bug #718: request for improvement of /? to - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [BUGS] Bug #718: request for improvement of /? to
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian dijo:

> Folks, I discussed with Harald a month ago how to improve the psql \?
> display.  I have implemented his idea of mentioning '+' for the options
> that can use it, and that is in CVS.
>
> His other idea is to group the backslash commands into sections, so they
> are not all one big alphabetical list.
>
> How do people like the idea of grouping them?  I would do it in psql \?
> and in the psql manual page.

I think the grouping improves usability in general; however, the list
you propose below is too long.  Maybe having a "table of contents" with
the groups and allow \? to take an argument?

"Aprende a avergonzarte mas ante ti que ante los demas" (Democrito)