Re: Open 7.3 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Open 7.3 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
ngpg@grymmjack.com dijo:

> > OK, the vote is not shifting from '.' to '@'.  Is that how we want to
> > go?  I like the pg_user enhancement.  Marc, comments?  This was your
> > baby.
>
> Would it be hard to setup an internal PG variable for the actual character
> to be used?

That'd be good, because almost any character people wants to use as
delimiter is actually valid in database and user names.  So giving
people a choice is a good thing.

For example someone may want to use email address as usernames, and that
messes up the splitting on @.

"Cuando miro a alguien, mas me atrae como cambia que quien es" (J. Binoche)