Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items ) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Trim the Fat (Was: Re: Open 7.3 items )
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier writes:

> I haven't touched libpq yet ... I'm talking with the libpqxx guys right
> now concerning getting the standalone libpqxx to work, and will be working
> on figuring out how to get the 'master configure' to make use of the
> standalone configure once that is fixed ... I want to get one module to
> work cleanly before looking at any others ...

I fail to understand how this mess is going to achieve anything.  If you
like, you can assemble or split the modules into trees or tarballs after
you have them checked out, or even after you have downloaded and unpacked
them.  But a source code repository is not a package manager.

Moreover, I would really like it if there was *some* discussion before we
are presented with done deals.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net