Re: several minor cleanups - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: several minor cleanups
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian writes:

> OK, does anyone know of any client that checks error message text in
> this area?  There is that whole "prefix error message with function
> name" problem that maybe we should address at this point and fix them
> all.  I know Peter has mentioned this but I don't remember the context.

I think we should attack error codes before doing a wholesale cleanup of
error message wording in the server.  (And when we do the latter, we
should define a style guide before doing "several minor cleanups".)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net