Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From tycho@fruru.com
Subject Re: Index Scans become Seq Scans after VACUUM ANALYSE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Let me add people's expections of the optimizer and the "it isn't using
> the index" questions are getting very old.  I have beefed up the FAQ
> item on this a month ago, but that hasn't reduced the number of
> questions.  I almost want to require people to read a specific FAQ item
> 4.8 before we will reply to anything.
>
> Maybe we need an optimizer FAQ that will answer the basic questions for
> people.

Perhaps you could also include some kind of (possibly nonsensical) keyword
like "flerbage" in the faq, asking the user to include it in his question
to prove he has actually read the relevant section ?

Just my 0,02 Euro

Cheers,
Tycho

--
Tycho Fruru            tycho.fruru@conostix.com
"Prediction is extremely difficult. Especially about the future." - Niels Bohr