Re: Alternate database locations - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Alternate database locations
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

> > Simply changing your .profile doesn't change the environment of your
> > running shell.  Did you log out/back in?  Or manually do
> > export PGDATA2=xxx
>
> Tom,
>
>   I logged out, then back in so the environment would be re-established.
> Made no difference. I know it must be user error but I cannot find where I'm
> going wrong.

  Rather than beating on this dead horse, I decided to try another one. So,
I gave up on the alternative location and created the database in
/var/lib/psql/data/. Worked like a charm. :-)

  Now I need to figure out why the copy command isn't copying tables from
the ascii files where they're all defined. Sigh. I'm calling it a night.

Rich