Re: 7.2 PGDG RPMS and readline 4.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: 7.2 PGDG RPMS and readline 4.0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Mike Mascari wrote:

> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13659 (%build)
>
> I'm not sure why. Since that failed, however, and I really need a 'psql'
> functioning, I just ran 'configure' and 'make all shared' (the %build
> stage) by hand and installed in /usr/local/lib. After a 'ldconfig', all
> is working well. It kind of defeats the pupose of using RPMS in the
> first place, but it works. Perhaps I'm having difficulty building SRPMs
> since this was originally a 6.0 install that had various components
> upgraded over time. I guess I'll just have to keep current with Red
> Hat...

Mike,

  I'm sorry that you had so much trouble. The systems here are RH 6.1 and
6.2 with packages updated to the latest and greatest. Except, we're still
running the 2.2.19 kernel and glibc-2.1.3.

  If it makes you feel any better, I was not able to get the gettext source
rpm to rebuild for me. It kept telling me there is no gcc installed! I gave
up on that and took the requirement out of the spec file.

> Thanks for the help and the 7.2 RPMS,

  Anytime.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President