Re: 7.2 PGDG RPMS and readline 4.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: 7.2 PGDG RPMS and readline 4.0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Mike Mascari wrote:

> Okay. I've downloaded the SRPMs of the rawhide readline. My first
> attempt to build the RPMS via rpm -ba failed because I don't have
> autoconf > 2.50. I'll download that SRPM, attempt to upgrade autoconf,
> then attempt to upgrade readline. I'm very thankful for the RedHat 6.2
> RPMS, BTW. But I'm starting to wander into dependency hell... :-)

Mike,

  I use 'rpm --rebuild ...' except when the source is extracted and I need
to modify the SPEC file before it builds. In the latter case, I cd to the
/usr/src/redhat/SPEC directory and run 'rpm -ba ...' from there.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com