Re: 7.2 PGDG RPMS and readline 4.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: 7.2 PGDG RPMS and readline 4.0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Mike Mascari wrote:

> The new PostgreSQL 7.2 PGDG RPMS for RedHat 6.2 require readline 4.0.
> However, I could not find RedHat readline 4.0 RPMS anywhere; i.e.
> rpmfind.net, redhat.com, etc. I did download a SRPM for readline 4.0
> packaged by Hao Li at caltech, built and installed them. However, psql
> bails whenever I attempt to use the command line completion. Does anyone
> know where I can get the same readline RPMS used by the packager who
> packaged the 7.2 PGDG RPMS for RedHat 6.2?

Mike,

  I found them on rpmfind.net. I used the rawhide-1.0 source versions for
both readline and readline-devel. Rebuilt both rpms and they installed
without a hitch. So did the upgrade to postgres.

  They're available because I have them here:

/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/readline-4.2-2.i386.rpm
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/readline-devel-4.2-2.i386.rpm

  If it's desired, I'll put them in a temporary ftp space so they can be
moved to a postgres ftp server.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)