Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D. Hageman
Subject Re: Threaded PosgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think that a "coding practices"
> document will do much of anything to improve our threading situation.
> It might be worth having on other grounds, but not that one.

You aren't missing anything.  A document of coding practices with points
on using thread-safe functions etc. isn't going to revolutionize anything.
However, it has the potential of being the best way to begin and soften
the cries of the luddites (which is the biggest problem at the momment).

--
||  D. Hageman                    <dhageman@dracken.com>  ||